Site: Stony Mountain Institution
Service: Maximum, Medium, and Minimum Security
|Record #: VMB0929||Last Full Update: 06 Apr 2016|
|Mailing Address||PO Box 4500
Winnipeg, MB R3C 3W8
|Public Bulletin||* If you are interested in volunteering at Stony Mountain Institution please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at 204-344-5111.
If you are interested in arranging to visit an inmate, go to the Correctional Services of Canada website (http://www.csc-scc.gc.ca/forms/index-eng.shtml) and scroll down until you find the applicable form(s) for visiting. Please note: We are in the process of moving our services and information to Canada.ca - Our current Correctional Service Canada website will remain available until the move to Canada.ca is complete.
|Accessibility||Partially Accessible - - no details provided|
|Description and Service Details|
|Description||* is a maximum, medium, and minimum security facility that actively encourages and assists offenders to become law abiding citizens
* delivers programs on living skills, vocation, educational upgrading and work experience.
* has Alcoholics and Narcotics Anonymous groups
* provides a healing unit for Aboriginal inmates (Ni-Miikana) which promotes a healing process based on Aboriginal culture
* offers support by volunteers to the offenders through visitation, tutoring, spiritual guidance and modeling positive behaviour
* All volunteers are required to attend a Volunteer Orientation program which will help them understand and integrate into a correctional environment.
|Hours||Mon-Fri 8 am-4:30 pm * 24 hr switchboard|
|Eligibility||Ages: 18 year(s) and up|
|Languages||English ; French|
|Alternate Name(s)||Ni-Miikana ; Stony|
|Manitoba Subjects||Corrections - Institutions|